An aspiring Chartered Accountant first has to attempt CPT and then IPCC. However, if a person has completed their graduation, they do not have to take the CPT exams. They can appear directly for the IPCC exams. This is known as a Direct entry program and is open for graduate students.
CA Course after Graduation
Chartered accountancy has become one of the most popular career choices, especially among commerce students. It can be done after 12th whenever the candidate wants to. They can pursue it right after the 12th or after graduation or after post-graduation. Many prefer to do it after graduation.
- Candidate can get direct entry and not have to appear for CPT.
- The course duration in which it can be completed if cleared in one attempt is around 3- 3.5 years.
- On top of that, the student already has a fully completed Bachelor’s degree that they do not have to worry about.
- They can directly appear for IPCC exams.
- Prospective candidates can register for Articleship even in the last year of college and can save time.
Eligibility for CA after Graduation
- Candidates having completed graduation/ post-graduation from commerce need to have a minimum of 55%.
- Other graduates/post graduates need a minimum of 60%.
- Candidates must register 9 months prior to the exam.
- They must complete 100 hours of Information Technology training before doing Articleship.
- 35 hours of the orientation program is mandatory too.
- A total of 3 years of Articleship is a must for final completion of course.
How to become CA after Graduation
Pursuing CA right after 12th takes a minimum of 4.5 years. However, through the direct entry program, it takes 3 years after graduation provided one clears all exams in one attempt. After graduation, the aspirant doesn’t have to give CPT. They have to do an Articleship. After doing that for a minimum duration of 9 months, the candidate is eligible to appear for IPCC.
CA Admission Procedure after Graduation
- Candidates have to fill the admission form and submit to ICAI. They can do the same online as well.
- They have to submit a copy of the mark sheets.
- Registration fees must be paid. While submitting online, Rs 100 is exempted from the total fees.
- IPCC is generally held twice a year, around November and April. One must register 9 months before the IPCC.
- ITT and orientation program must be completed before doing Articleship.
- Before IPCC, Articleship of at least 9 months is a must.